Buy UA, For UA
Uphold the University of Arizona’s brand and financially support its initiatives through advocating student development and customer relations by being uniquely adaptive, innovative, and collaborative.
As a completely self-financed auxiliary service, the University of Arizona Bookstores will serve to encourage academic excellence and build campus and community relationships through diverse, inclusive, and sustainable opportunities.
We strive to become the leading independent Bookstore in this dynamic world through problem solving that enables students to reach their full potential and maximizing funding for the campus community.
In addition to supporting the University’s six core values of integrity, exploration, inclusion, adaptation, determination, and compassion, the BookStores is:
- Supportive by providing knowledge, resources, and funding for students, customers, and the campus community;
- Innovative through creativity, open-mindedness, and new initiatives;
- Collaborative by working together and building partnerships to achieve goals.
BUY UA, FOR UA
As an integral part of the division of Business Affairs, we are a university-owned and operated community center. We provide all academic and extracurricular needs for every Wildcat. Purchases made at any BookStores location support the University of Arizona and Tucson communities through scholarships, funding for student clubs and organizations, learning and literacy programs, student employment, athletics, alumni, and other university programs and initiatives.
- Financial support to the university:
- More than $6.5 million contributed annually in support of UArizona campus initiatives
- More than $790,000 annually to support UArizona student government and student-led clubs and organizations
- Over $240,000 contributed annually in support of UArizona Intercollegiate Athletics and athletes
- Over $113,000 contributed annually in youth literacy outreach, including the annual Tucson Festival of Books.
- Approximately $65,000 annually in support of campus media, including the Daily Wildcat and Arizona Public Media
- Over $110,000 in textbook "loans" awarded annually to eligible student employees (the students borrow their books from the BookStores instead of having to buy them)
- Nearly $55,100 awarded annually for student scholarships, including $10,000 in textbook scholarships
At 63,000 square feet, the current flagship store of The University of Arizona BookStores provides customers with a premier university shopping experience. The BookStores has ten satellite locations serving the students, faculty, staff, and campus community.
Enter your email to stay up to date with sales and events!