Mac mini 2.8GHz
Mac mini now has fourth-generation Intel Core processors, increased graphics performance, and ultrafast 802.11ac wireless networking. It also features two Thunderbolt 2 ports, great built-in apps, and OS X Yosemite. And it’s still the world’s most power-efficient desktop.
- 2.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz) with 3MB on-chip shared L3 cache
- 1TB Fusion Drive
- Configurable to 1TB Fusion Drive or 256GB of flash storage (SSD).
- 8GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 memory
- Configurable to 16GB.
Thunderbolt digital video output
- Native Mini DisplayPort output
- DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter (sold separately)
- VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (sold separately)
- Dual-link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter (sold separately)
HDMI video output
- Support for 1080p resolution at up to 60Hz
- Support for 3840-by-2160 resolution at 30Hz
- Support for 4096-by-2160 resolution at 24Hz
- Audio line in minijack (digital/analog)
- Audio line out/headphone minijack (digital/analog)
- HDMI port supports multichannel audio output
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
- Built-in speaker
Connections and Expansions
- Two Thunderbolt 2 ports (up to 20 Gbps)
- Four USB 3 ports (up to 5 Gbps)
- HDMI port
- SDXC card slot
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- Audio in port
- Headphone port
- IR receiver
- Wi-Fi: 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/g/b/n compatible
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- Ethernet: 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
Mac Pro Quad-Core and Dual GPU
Mac Pro is the professional desktop computer reinvented from the inside out. Arranging the most advanced technologies available around a unified thermal core allowed us to make this the most powerful and expandable Mac ever, yet also unbelievably compact and quiet.
Powerful multicore processors.
The new Mac Pro features the latest Intel Xeon E5 processor, with up to 12-core processing power and a four-channel memory controller providing up to 60GB/s of memory bandwidth, all on a single die. And with 40 lanes of PCI Express gen 3 throughput, up to 30MB of L3 cache, and over 500 gigaflops at peak performance, you’ll never be at a loss for speed.
Faster PCIe-based flash storage.
Next-generation PCIe-based flash storage is up to 2.4 times faster than SATA-based solid-state drives and up to 10 times faster than a 7200-rpm SATA hard drive. So booting up, launching apps, even opening massive files happens in, well, a flash.
- 3.7GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5 processor
- 12GB 1866MHz DDR3 ECC memory
- Dual AMD FirePro D300 with 2GB GDDR5 VRAM each
- 256GB PCIe-based flash storage
What's in the box: Mac Pro and Power Cord
Only current University of Arizona students, staff, or faculty are qualified to purchase this item.