Buy UA, For UA
The UA BookStores functions as a completely self- financed auxiliary service in order to support the University’s academic mission.
The UA BookStores’ mission extends beyond the simple exchange of product and services for money. UA BookStores serves as an intrinsic part of the University’s academic mission.
We promote a sense of inclusion with an emphasis on academic excellence, mentoring the development of students’ practical skills related to their academic interests and experiences through employment, class project participation, academic internships and scholarships.
How do we do more?
As an integral part of the division of Business Affairs, we are a university owned and operated community center. Completely self-financed, we give all profits back to the students, faculty, staff & campus community through financial support of clubs, campus recycling, ASUA student government, Tucson Festival of Books, scholarships and much more.
- Financial support to the university:
- More than $6.5 million contributed annually in support of UA campus initiatives
- More than $790,000 annually to support UA's student government and student-led clubs and organizations
- Over $240,000 contributed annually in support of UA Intercollegiate Athletics and UA athletes
- Over $113,000 contributed annually in youth literacy outreach, including the annual Tucson Festival of Books.
- Approximately $65,000 annually in support of campus media, including the Daily Wildcat and Arizona Public Media
- Over $110,000 in textbook "loans" awarded annually to eligible student employees (the students borrow their books from the BookStores instead of having to buy them)
- Nearly $55,100 awarded annually for student scholarships, including $10,000 in textbook scholarships
- Annually aid in campus recycling initiatives
Enter your email to stay up to date with sales and events!